Believe it or not, this, to the untrained tongue is simply ‘uncooked’. But we in South East Asia eat this on a regular basis, sometimes every morning. It’s surprisingly easy to make it at home.
2 Eggs /person (room temperature)
Seasoning: 1 tsp light Soy Sauce, a few drops of Sesame Seed oil, Deep fried shallots (optional)
- Boil some water in the kettle.
- In a small sauce pan, place eggs with shell. When water is boiled, slowly pour the boiling water into the saucepan without splashing directly on the eggs. (important as this may crack the eggs!)
- Cover the saucepan with a lid. Wait for 10 minutes.
- Very carefully, lift the eggs out and run under cool tap or immerse in cool water for a minute or so till egg is cool to handle.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, season.
- Enjoy with 2 slices of lightly buttered bread.