This was a wimp of a fancy. Ever since I was young, I had been on an automatic look out for food that my diabetic parents can also enjoy. And in recent years, I have also been able to modify recipes on a trial and error basis to make it suit our palettes. This recipe is one of them. The important thing is … it tastes GREAT!
Low sugar! (No added sugar besides what’s already in the Yogurt and chocolate chips)
Warning: The recipe below might yield some ug-glee explosive muffins, but it guarantees a delish factor!
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup Yogurt (I used Marigold’s Low Fat Peach and Mango Yogurt)
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (diabetic ones, of course you can use regular chocolate chips if they don’t matter to you)
- Preheat oven 220 Celcius for 15mins
- Combine all wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda into the same bowl, and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Bake on 220 Celcius for 15-20 mins.
- Check with wooden skewer and see that it comes out clean (it will not be toooooo clean, since the yummy chocolate chips will stick to it. Well as long as the batter is dry it’s fine.)